Diagnosed with ADHD

Paromita Chatterjee

Has anyone any idea about ADHD(attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) ...my son is 4.. he was a late talker.. Started talking after 3. 5 years so my paediatrician recommended a speech therapist ...after having numerous sessions with her my son started talking but in addition he was diagnosed with ADHD... this is absolutely a new thing for me ..have never heard of it.. anybody pls give me any insight about what it is and how it is treated? Really worried about it... He was zero attention span and is very hyperactive..

• 2
Kavita Yadav

Dear Paromita. First of all don't panic and relax. ADHD i. e. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder occurs because of brain variations as per medical language. It should be properly diagnosed and then treated. As I have also read and heard a lot from mothers about such behaviors in their children and it is bit tricky to differentiate between a normal overactive child or ADHD. So, after some research have written an article on it. Sharing the link here. Hope it helps dear. All I would say is keep yourself calm and be patient while dealing with your son. Give him love and affection. Have another consultation if required. Love n Best Wishes https://www.facebook.com/notes/jina-living-positively/normal-overactive-child-or-attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd/1590754721210981

Hi Paromita. It is quite common to hear thesedays that a child has been diagnosed with ADHD. This is something which needs a little attention and can be dealt with quite easily. Please do not get stressed already.. Have a read of this blog for some insights into ADHD. Hope this helps. Here is the link: https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/all-about-attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/136