Did I miss something for my first baby?

Anu Menon

Updated on Jun 06, 2017

All my friends say, they are banking their baby's stem cells. Is it really essential? Someone, please clarify, so that I can do it at least for my next baby

• 8
Anu Menon

With a range of clinical trial using stem cells, I think preserving is quite wise than to regret later, but make sure you choose the right stem cell bank such as Lifecell. With its options like community banking you can even access donor stem cells for your family and your child

Anisha Gada

i had a word with doctor who herself is doing stem cell therapy and she told me that no use of preservi ng stem cells as their quality decreases day by day and more over stem cells are available throughout our life in our bone marrow and adipose tissue so if needed we can remove from there and use it

Anu Menon

Thank you so much, you guys were so helpful, I recently came across this new type of stem cell banking called Community Banking from Lifecell which has so many benefits. I have already enrolled with them.

Anu Menon

Oh thank you friends, can someone tell me how much stem cell banking would cost in India and where is it safe to do it?

Tanisha Khanna

How old is your first baby? You can also preserve your child's milk teeth as well. Just consult a dentist.

Atharva Rajkumar

I think it is essential although I don't much about the benefits nor have much understanding on the stem cell category. Ideally can someone help me what stem cell banking is?

Dharani Kumar

Hi Anu.... its one of the worry tats spread among today's parent abt their lo stem cells for their future illness.... to be frank there is a talk going on the amount saying it's much useful for babies dreadful illnesses in future equal to the amount saying tat it's waste of money or investing tat it will be going to preserve for long long years where there is loss of its effectiveness due to preservation in chemicals.... the eyes are different you know... I heard it costs around starting of 50K for saving it.... choice is yours still.. pls discuss wit ur friends in medical field or well known or family doctors before get into it...

puloma pandey

Hi Anu, i also heard that its very useful during child's illness, but its not mandatory. Somehow i was not able to save it. Your gyne can explain you better about this.