Dislike for milk and milk products-help

Surabhi Chatterjee

Hello parents, My daughter is 5 and half years old. She doesn't like milk or milk products. Please give me an idea to make her drink milk. I am worried about her bone development.

• 5
Shradha Garg

You can also make ur dough for chapattis with milk.

Surabhi Chatterjee

Thank you Anurima! You've managed to allay most of my fears :)

Surabhi Chatterjee

Thank you Admin.

Dear Surabhi. I have a 2 year old with the same issue. I do not force my son to drink milk anymore. I get him cheese, add a big spoonful of butter to his food (each meal), make porridge with milk, dry/fresh fruits for breakfast, give him flavoured yogurt/milk when outdoors etc. It is not everyday he has all of the above, but I somehow ensure he gets some of the calcium required through milk products. I had posted my concern at the nutrition+wellness section a few months back. The nutritionist said that an egg has plenty of calcium and important nutrients for growth and development. So if a child does not like to drink milk or milk products, giving an egg a day is the next best thing. So give your child one or two eggs a day to make up for the loss :)

Hi Surabhi! here is a link to a similar parent talk that you may find relevant: https://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/not-drinking-milk/884