does carrot puree affect the bowel movement.

Madhavi Ravikanth

I started giving carrot puree to my son(8 months) from second day he dint poo for 3 days and after stopped feeding him he popped on 4th day. I used to boil carrot n make fine paste and gave him. should I mix anything vth carrot pure and then give

• 8
Archana K

Hi my baby boy is 11 months old his birth weight is 3. 24 and he is just 7. 6. He doesnt like to eat or drink milk? Any ideas and suggestions as to what food has to b given

Archana K

Weight gain

Anupama Sheregar

Hello madhavi.. i agree wid al d moms as well carrots r v gud fr babies n help in bowel movement.. fr constipation u try to increase water in baby routine also watever u feed once a day keep it lil watery like khichdi or even carrot puree lil thin atleast it helps to mak their water intake adequate..

Mansi Verma

I also give my 7month old daughter carrot puree when she os constipated. Carrot can never be the reason for not passong motion.

madhavi ravikanth

thank you for the info friends. vl try giving him once again.

abhilasha Ayyagari

Hi Madhavi, carrot contains fibre and fibre helps in bowel movement. I agree with Jaya that you should also feed adequate amount of water to the baby to aid digestion. Also, try feeding very small quantities of any food in the beginning. Gradually start increasing the quantity once the baby's digestive system gets accustomed to it.

jaya krish

Hi.. as far as I know carrot cannot be the reason. When you start with solids you must also give the baby enough water to avoid constipation. Try giving enough water to him and If the problem persists discuss the same with your doc.

preeti

You can ask your doctor on this because i am giving carrot puree and nothing wrong with that.

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs