Doesn't want to chew food

Shruti Maheshwari

Hi, My baby is 2. 7 yrs... The problem wid her is she doesn't want to chew... She keeps her bites in mouth for longer tym than usual. I keep on saying chew fast chew fast whc makes me irritated. How do i encourage her to chew her food fast. Pls help

Shruti Maheshwari

Hii shikha thanks, i will try showing her pucs of cavities... Hope it helps.

Hey Shruti! Does she do something along with it while having food like watching rhymes on ipad or viewing TV? Children tend to get lost in the cartoon or whatever activity is going on alongside and forget to chew. they have to be constantly reminded to do so. You could try following things: 1. Avoid diverting her mind with TV or ipad or phones (if that's being done ). 2. Show her pics of children with cavities on net and let her know that keeping food in mouth for long causes cavities. 3. give her small bites which are easy and faster to chew. 4. Give her handy food which she can feed herself like idli or dosa rolled so that it becomes easier for her to hold or chapati rolled, sandwiches with vegetables or paneer as stuffing etc. If she would feed herself she would know when she is full and would stop on her own. Though u could assist her in putting spoons of dal or raita alongside. She would soon unlearn this habit if she is constantly reminded and also made to have food along with other family members. Hope this helps!

my 17th months baby don't eat anything

hi, everyone my baby girl is 17th months old now and she doesn't eat anything. w..

what should I cook for them

food and nutrition

Eating problem

Hiii I I have a baby boy he is 2 years old he is nothing to have what can I do f..

Feeding

Hello I have a girl she s 1yr and 3 months old and still she prefers breastingfe..

regarding food

my daughter doesn't want to eat anything. pl suggest

travelling

hi momies plz suggest which powered milk is good for 1. 6. year child while trav..

no breastfeeding

my son is one year old and he has stopped showing interest in breast milk. as a..

ragi

from where I can get ragi