Dry skin through the year

Hi !   Taking after me, my 11 year old's skin remains dry irrespective of the weather. So generous doses of Vaseline and the like are a norm even in the peak of summer. The problem however refuses to go away. An itchy back is common. Coconut oil also does not seem to help that much as its not that 'greasy'. I wonder sometimes if the cause could be related to nutrition, or the lack of it! Or a subsitute oil / mosturizer I have not been able to think of. Please share. thanks.

• 5

great, thanks Anurima !

Hi Neetu, I would like to add one more thing- My daughter too had dry flaky skin all year round. I used baby oil, olive oil but all in vain. I tried using baby lotion, which worked wonders. Then on, its baby lotion all the way. You can give it a try too.

Lovely! Thanks Bhavna, never thought about seeking out medical advice! And Puja, sure, both tips sound great, oilve oil might just be the answer to my 'dry and scratchy' woes :) thanks.

Puja

Hi Neetu, I have a similar problem with my kids. I find applying and massaging olive oil soon after a bath when the skin is still damp helps keep it moisturized for longer. Also you may want to consider chanmging to a body wash which is designed for dry or sensitive skin.

Dear Neetu , your son might have hyper sensitive skin , this can be found out by taking your son to a dermatologist and they can suggest if you should use a medicated moisturizing cream for your son meanwhile a liberal use of combination of glycerine and lemon juice all over the body will definitely take care of the dryness( but your son might not like it since it is sticky/wet).

abt protein

hw to give full vitamins nd protein to 8 yrs old baby so tht d baby can't feel p..

Weight gaining

Hi ! I have a 8 years old son whose weight is just 23 Kgs. Could you please sugg..

worried about her lean physique

my daughter 7 yrs earlier she had good physique not so thin but since2-3 months..

weight gain

shristy ka weight uski age ke hisab se jyada hai kya karu

weight loss

7yrs n 6 mnths

weight loss

mera beta 7 .6 mnth ka hai uska weight 30 kg hai kese or kya kru

regarding height

my daughter has 11 years old and height is 4. 8ft. she suffers the problem of pe..