Dyslexia

Updated on Jan 16, 2019

I am not sure that my child is dyslexic. But her type of learning seems to like dyslexia. She don't want to read loudly. She has lots of spelling mistakes although those spellings were right if she told the words by speaking in syllable division. Her concentration level is very poor. She concentrate on her study only for 15min . Then she needs a break. If I forced her to learn she reads and writes but it does not work. She blackmails me that if u force me then I don't do the previous one. What should I do. ? Plz give me some suggestions ..

• 5

hi Rimjhim Roy ! these don't seem to be signs of dyslexia, but more so a mix of normal behaviour of a child at this age and also some issues of behaviour related to study time.

• Reply

hi Rimjhim Roy ! what kind of spelling error does she make? do u see a pattern in the mistakes? what error does she make in reading? is the problem more in english or all subjects ?have u consulted an expert in this field??

• Reply

she writes " ti " .... where it is "it"..... she writes "alos".... where it is "also"... she writes 170 where it is 710...... Is it dyslexia?

• Reply

you should meet an expert in learning disability to get the right diagnosis i feel

• Reply

hi again!thanks for replying. reversing the order of digits or alphabets is one of the mistakes children with dyslexia do.. and they also find difficulty in reading out loud.. all the symptoms mentioned by you do point towards dyslexia , however take a final expert's advise to reach any conclusion.. it's also important to note, the earlier the intervention the better it would be ..

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs