eating habbit

Nidhi Bisht

My baby is 7 months but she only take my feed. what to do?should i force her to have soup daal n all?

• 3
Parul Ankita Gupta

Hi Nidhi, I agree with Sojal here that instead of soups, give thin pureed evegtables so that the baby gets some fibre also and learns to accept the taste of vegetables. At 7 months, you can give non-citrus fruits pureed, vegetables pureed (avoid gassy ones like beans though in the beginning), and even rice cerelac. based on the baby's weight and growth, the dctor will suggest whether to give it to the child 2 times or 3 times a day. My daughter was an underweight baby and was put on 3 times a day of semi solid food, but a friend with a healthy baby, was put on 2 times a day of semi solid food. so it depends. hope this helps.

Sojal

Hello Nidhi Bisht, give her semi solid 2 times a day. some safe choices are--bananas, boiled mashed apple or pear, boiled potatoes, and boiled mashed ghiya/lauki, tori, tinda. After 2 months, you can make a semi solid meal alternate with a milk feed. Avoid grains. In my case, my doctor, did not suggest daal and soup etc at an early stage and insisted that instead of soup, i give pureed vegetables as this ensures fibre too that does not give the child constipation. but you can check with your own doctor on his advice.

Shilpa

Hi Nidhi Bisht, Mostly paediatricians do start children on semi solid foods after 6 months. you can start the baby on mashed banana, boiled and mashed potatoes initially. Give any semi solid food 2-3 times a day only. Then you can move to daal paani etc. but it may be a good idea to check with your doctor also.