Education

Hi,  I wanna teach my son(3. 4yrs) alphabets and numbers. He can recognise but he forgets/get confuse s'times. Can you suggest me some kind of play/ activities... right now i m giving him matching excercise... but he bored with tht now.. Any other activity through which i can make his studies more interesting.   Pls suggest. Tks.  

• 10

ya tht nice Indu.... i really like tht idea.

Indu

AM, I try to make learning part of everyday life, like that day me and my daughter went to get some ice-cream and I asked my daughter to identify the alphabets written on the ice-cream counter, it was fun as the reward was mouth-watering for her :) and she did it. Like wise when we use stairs I encourage both my kids to count the stairs .... Its like fun :)

ya tks Indu for instant reply. I will try this too. Pls do share if u get to know some more ideas abt children learning. I wud like to add u in my friend list. Tks Again.

Indu

Copy the url in your browser, Its an image of alphabet board game, so can easily get the same kind for numbers, animals etc. Lemme know if u find any issue with image :)

@ Indu... can u tell me wht kind of games. I didnt get it. I hv board books... a gud collection. I will try now with chart as well. Tks all for ur suggestions.

Indu

Hello AM, Agreed with Anurima and Shikha, charts definitely help. I had bought 3 board games for my daughter when she was 3, 1 for alphabets, numbers and to get started with Hindi as well. I taught her to pin those in the board making loud declaration for what she has pinned. It helped me :) Then I bought board games for her for transport , animals etc ...She used to spend so much time playing with them and learning as well :)

I agree with ANurima ! I too got big charts for my kid n used to put them on board n change them when one topic is done. u can get them from any person who sells posters. U can ask the child to read numbers in his room itself. he can also recognize letters. My daughter used to enjoy this exercise n wud not like to stop. u can also bring books, magazines n ask him to recognize letters from headings, titles, etc. I also used to show her images on google. Pictures make a long lasting impact on children's mind. U can also

Try the numbers in the lift next time with your child. You may be surprised with the results.

Dear AM. I had bought a set of colourful charts from Big Bazaar. There are around 12 charts consisting of numbers, alphabets, types of flowers, fruits, birds, animals, good manners, colours, shapes etc. I have put them up in her room and she has learnt most of the things just by looking and observing. Children have a very little attention span at 3 years, so conventional methods of teaching may take long and will make your child easily bored. Try picture books, get a doodle board (magnetic board with pen), a black board & chalks or just about anything to allow your child to draw, scribble and express himself in writing. He will gradually practice his letters, numbers too. Hope this helps :)

writing

my son don't want to write he only loves reading

how to improve child skills under age 2..

how to make my son to improve talking skills

know the correct time of school

what the propper age to send the child to playschool

know the correct time of school

play school

hi mommies can any body plz help me which playschool is best where should i do a..

drinking

my baby is 1. 6 yr old I he drinks water in feading bottles but milk he ll drink..

Fisr day at playschool

My lo will b going to playgroup, its his first day. Please help me to ensure wha..