Enough milk in breastfeed???

Megha

Updated on Feb 24, 2016

Dear mommies, how would we know if we are producing sufficient milk or not. My baby is completely on breastfeed. She is 5 months old now. She doesn't cry that much, she plays well in daytime and also sleeps good in night. I'm asking this question because my mil always ask if your milk flow is good, do you feel flow when you don't feed baby for more than two hours. I don't feel like that and also my breast doesn't leak if I don't feed my baby for long duration. Does this mean I'm not producing enough milk???

• 3
Aabha

Hi Megha.. you may not feel the fullness now as it's been 5 months.. your body is completely in tune with your baby's needs.. and the supply is as per demand.. so don't worry just relax and enjoy motherhood! :)

gayatri chadwa

Hi Megha I agree with Sneha. Leaking breast is not a compulsion.. if your baby is happy, gaining weight, sleeping well and active then relax..

Sneha mitra

Dear megha, if the baby is happy and gaining weight she's getting her full supply. Don't worry. It's not always necessary to feel full.