Fan or AC?? Which is better for babies?

Sneha

Apr 11, 2015

Fan or AC?? Which is better for babies?

• 3

Kanika Das

Nice to know I was too worried about this

Rachna

Sneha, There is no bottomline on this, I think. It depends: fan is better sometimes as it allows you to keep the room doors open which in turn keeps the air circulating, allowing fresh air to come in, but the downside is when a child is sick or has an injury, direct draft of air from the fan can aggravate illness/pain or give him a cold etc. Ideally, I think, it is important to keep the child away from getting direct drafts of cold air be it from the A/C or the fan. Keep the temperature comfortable and clad the child well--in case he is not in the habit of covering himself with a sheet. Also, do not addict the child to either--let him enjoy the fresh air from the balcony on some nights and A/C on paticularly hot nights.

Sneha - mantaining a certain ambient temperature for newly borns is the key. One of the watchouts is leaving the baby alone in a room with the aircon on, avoid that if you could. being around in an air conditioned room or in case there is a fluctuations in ambient temperature.

misbehaviour of child

about misbehaviour of child

my 9 year old is suffering from school p..

my 9 year old is suffering from school phobia. cries a lot n says don't want to..

My 7 year old talking about marriage! do..

Today my 7. 8 year old aon came and told me he wants to marry his friend from hi..

My son behaviour

My son is 7 years he is very hyper and very talketv he can't sit on one place..

behaviour of my child

he is always feel disturbed in class. his class fellows also tease him , hit him..

not listening

hi my daughter is 8 yrs old. she is left hand habit. she was very quiet for some..

my sister's son he is 8+ these days talk..

As he is elder son of my sister he is 8 year and 9 months old. My father was pa..

fighting with peer

hi my son is 8 years old he always got fight between his age group or no one is..