feeding position

Karthika

Updated on Nov 24, 2016

my son didn't get full head control. is it safe to give semi solid food when he is lying down using pillow. (head on pillow )

• 20
anushri parnami

Though pediatric says not to give anything except mother's feed but at times you are forced by the situation. It happened with me. my daughter who is now more than six months old did to excepted formula so started with daal ma pani and sooji

Neha Srivastava

If ur paedritician recommended you ,then its fine to give him recommended food. Try the techniques of Deepti first and if it doesnt work then try the mobile technique by keeping mobile far away. Does ur baby eat by spoon now after watching songs or cartoon??Does it work for you?

Karthika

my son is 5 months old(145days ). my breastmilk is not sufficient to him, i tried to feed formula Milk in bottle, he didn't drink in bottle, he hate that. for past one month he did not gain weight, so only my peadiatrician recommand the easum powder which is the combination of rice and moon dall

Neha Srivastava

I am totally agree with you Deepti whatever u said but there are some things that moms dont do by their wish,its the situation that forces them to do so. And i believe every moms concern is only to give their child proper food n nutrition by whatever way they can manage.

Neha Srivastava

I am also against to make baby watch tv or mobile but when nothing works for a child to eat,neither talking nor singing or anything. Then there is no way for a mom to entertain baby in any way so that he/she eats well. And i only make baby watch mobile during feeding and no time else and i make sure that mobile is kept far away from the eyes of baby. Every baby is different in their eating habits. And yes if the baby is below 6 months ,i totally recommend breast milk for baby.

Neha Srivastava

If ur baby is really less than the age of 6 months,then u should only give breast milk to him and no other semi solid things. I thought ur baby is more than 6 months.

Saman Farooqui

karthika your baby is just 4 months old so plz give him breast milk only rest supplements and food will add to his diet after completing 6 months & Deepti R well said (Y)

Deepti R

Don't practice your child to see mobile or tv at this very young age. child can have severe eye problems as they grow. best way is you talking to baby or you singing songs or narrating a story, this will enhance their interactive skills. coming to your problem, make baby sit on lap and feed in spoon, if he is not eating in spoon then there is a small vessel to feed babies, we call paladai or ollale. the pointed end you can put into baby mouth they will start pulling.. hope this helps.

Bibha Sinha

if he is not having head control then do not give him semi solid food .. unless he is at least above 5 months.

suriya seetharam

If there's no head control , then your baby s less than 3 months right. Its safe only with breast milk

Karthika

ok neha :-D

Neha Srivastava

Oh why u need a person to hold the phone. I always feed my baby on my lap playing video songs for her. Dont u have flip cover on ur phone. By flip. cover, stand ur phone on bed and play songs. Its simple .

Karthika

i tried that position neha, but I need extra one person to hold the phone. my husband on leave today, so I managed. daily its not possible, what to do:-!

Neha Srivastava

We are all friends here Karthika so dnt call me mam.. Try the technique and tell me thereafter does it work or not.

Karthika

ok mam

Neha Srivastava

Play a video song or a cartoon whatever he likes on ur mobile during feeding.. When his focus is on watching songs he will not shake his head and will eat. Try this technique..

Hema

u can give

Karthika

i tried that position neha mam, but he didn't allow me, he is shaking his head very fast. if i hold the head by one hand he catch my another hand T_T

Neha Srivastava

I feel the best way to feed ur baby with spoon is to take him on ur lap and then feed .This is the best position to feed ur baby.

Soma Dhara

No...