feeding problem

Jo Jyoti

hi all my baby is 7 months old.. week before he got stomach infection n fever which was cured then he caught cough n cold was senzzing continously.. doctor has given 5 days course medecine ..but one thing i dont know why my baby is not taking my milk.. suddenly he left my feeding.. he cries a lott.. plz tel anyone wat could be the cause of not taking my feed ?

• 5
Disha Suthar

I suffered from the same becoz baby s nostrils are closed they can not suck... add 2 drops of saline nasal drops to your baby's nose 5 times a day. it will help in opening nostrils of baby. If still he s not taking any thing ask your pediatric for nebulization. Hope this helps!

Hema

give him warm water in little amount... feed ur milk with spoon.. becoz to retain his immunity mother milk help him..

Jo Jyoti

but his nose is not blocked he even got ear infection i m giving him mdecine for that.. may be bcoz of throat he us unable to suck.

hi Jo Jyoti! his nose is blocked. when he suckles he is not able to breathe and feels uncomfortable. keep trying . while feeding make sure his head is little raised and his nose is not covered. also if possible put a drop of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt in his nose before feeding. he will sneeze and his nose will get clear and he will able to breathe better. please ensure the water is not too hot by checking temperature on your hand first. put just a drop in both nostrils with a dropper. as he feels better , he will come around.

Hema

hi Jo dont worry may be he is feeling more sick inside and unable suck the milk becoz of cold he is unable to take breathe so der will be problem of drinkg milk. He is also having cough so may be vth throat paing he is suffering so don't worry for recovery he ill start drinkg milk...

Top Babycare Blogs