Food for 5th month baby

Madhavi Singh

Updated on Feb 21, 2017

Hii all my baby completed 4 months. I want to give him solid food. please suggest me which one to feed nestum or cerelac.

• 18
Lekha Warrier

Babies below six months have immature guts. they cannot digest anything except breastmilk during this period. one may assume that there is no physical harm to babies if you start solids prior to completing six months. however, please understand that leads to many problems in the long run.. such as allergies, skin problems, less immunity, more bouts of cold, stomach bugs and vulnerability to changing seasons. parents would keep wondering how come their child falls sick so often when the real culprit is starting solids before their bodies were ready for it. please contact a bf friendly doctor. there are methods to increase the bm. in case you want to wean her off early, only think if formula as that is the only substitute to breastmilk before six months of age. ragi, cerelac, cow milk, curd.. all these actually replace the bm your baby takes and thus would only result in reduction of supply within you. for further reference, please refer a website called kellymoms. ita awesome for bf mothers... it encompasses and discusses most worries that moms confront during these tough times. I have a five month old daughter and this website has been a Bible for me! :) wish u the best! tc!

Romika Jain

Even my child I have started solids from 4 months u can better give it child boiled apple in crushed for m or rice and dal water or carrot beet juice but in lil quantity

Sarika Deahmukh

it is always good for your child to give solid foods after 6 monts in the long run it is benificial for child

Tulasi

Hi madhavi u can start cerelac stage 1, it's good once a day is enough after completion of 6th month u can give twice a day

Tulasi

anu u can feed after 6 months only upto that time they can't digest anything other than milk

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs