food recommended for pregnant women

Sandy Ganesh

Updated on Aug 02, 2016

Hi, I'm pregnant for the first time and now I'm in my 14th week. elders and relatives advised me to have healthy food, however I never feel like having food nor I feel hungry. completing a plate of meal looks like a huge task. is this common? by not having adequate food, am I troubling the little. one inside? please advise

• 9
Farha

Now you won't feel hungry but u should drink 3 to 4 litres of water every day. u sld hv fruits,dry fruits and vegetables in your meals.

Priyanka Dhakate

have atleast a litre of milk everyday. only homecooked stuff.

Jyoti Kamath

Hi sandy.... congratulations. Try and eat something or the other at an interval of 2-3hrs. Avoid eating at one go. As others mentioned have a balanced diet to have healthy baby nd u to remain healthy.

Aswathi Shahin

Avoid large fish bcoz it contain mercury .and red meat also not good. dont eat pinapple

Hina Srivastava

Hi, you might be either having a lot of nausea which is causing your hunger to die down. I was in the same situation a year back. You are not harming the lil one inside because the baby will extract whatever nutrients and minerals they require from the mother (smart ones), but you will become very weak and lethargic. You have to weigh the kind of food you are eating. It doesn't have to fill your tummy (never stuff your tummy) but some dry fruits, fruits, veggies, curd, milk, protein has to reach your body in proportions every day. Please remember, pregnancy is still better... the actual fight will start once the baby is out! So please have enough to handle your baby and yourself post-pregnancy:) All the Best

Top Pregnancy Blogs