formula milk

Hi... My son is one month old now... I am a m. phil scholar... So I need to go to College.... I need to give formula milk for once in a day when I ll not able to give breastfeeding.... I have a doubt.... If my baby ll stop having breast milk after he tasted the formula milk??? I don't want to give formula milk... But the situation is like that... I have enough milk supply... Once in a day during my college hours I don't have any choice other than formula milk.... So pls clear my doubt... Will my baby drink my breast milk after having the formula milk??

• 5

hi Janakidevi suppuraj ! u can express ur milk and store it. people back at home can serve him yr milk through bottle. pleae avoid formula milk, if u have enough supply. here is a blog with handy tips on how to store breastmilk. hope u would find useful. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-safely-store-breast-milk-for-your-baby/772?ptref=sa0l000030g00lg

• Reply

hi Shikha Batra I don't have that much of milk supply to store... that's y I am going to formula milk... that also I ll give once in a day coz there is no choice... is there any some other solutions??

• Reply

Janakidevi suppuraj the more u would feed or express better would be the supply.

• Reply

Considering you child's age, he is very small and he would definitely need your milk to boost his immune system and grow better. So, you can buy breast pump and express milk and there are many safe and healthy methods to store and refrigerate them in safe packs. You can thaw the milk when required and provide it to. your child.

• Reply

Hii you can express you milk and go .of your breastmilk is reduced then ask your doctor and give formula milk which is closest to the breast milk. My doctor advised me to give Aptamil to my son as it is very close to the breast milk and also has prebiotics which promote the growth of healthy bacteria

• Reply

Varsha Karnad

Featured Mombassador

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Babycare Blogs