Grooming Kids

Antara Sarma

Hi Friends!!   My son will turn 2 this march. I intend to put him to school by next year. In the meanwhile i have bought preschool books and activity toys to keep him positively engaged. Could you please suggest ways in which i could groom him better to face interviews in good schools considering the kind of stiff competition we face these days..   Regards, Antara

• 3

Antara Sarma

Thanks for your inputs friends

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Antara, mainly in interviews the conversation skills of the kid is tested. Even if the child does not know the answer if he says I don't know about this, that bold answer will earn points for him. The kid must be able to understand the question. So u talk to him in English from now on. The basic fruits , numbers, colours, vegetables animals etc can be taught. Some basic questions like 'how old are u? What is ur father? How many siblings do u have etc u can teach him now and then. For my kid they tested the eye hand co ordination by asking him to put some bigger sized beads into a thread. Also they asked him to count the beads. Also in some schools picture comprehension and listening skills are tested. Like they will read a passage of 5 lines and ask a question from that. So u can work on that. U also can train him to answer if some other people ask any question. So that he sheds inhibition and shyness. My son was shown a coconut picture and was asked what it was. I was near him . He thought deeply and he said that he knew it and he was not able to word it. Imagine my pressure and adrenalin levels. Till the last he did n't tell the name and he said he knew about it and forgot just then. Luckily he was selected. So if ur kid speaks well then he will be selected, I believe. All the best!

Hi Antara! Here is a link to a parenting blog that you may find relevant: https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/10-tips-to-prepare-your-child-for-the-admission-interaction/227

how to improve child skills under age 2..

how to make my son to improve talking skills

know the correct time of school

what the propper age to send the child to playschool

know the correct time of school

play school

hi mommies can any body plz help me which playschool is best where should i do a..

drinking

my baby is 1. 6 yr old I he drinks water in feading bottles but milk he ll drink..

Fisr day at playschool

My lo will b going to playgroup, its his first day. Please help me to ensure wha..

communication

Avnee has communication problem. how to improve her communication. she sign..