Hair Growth

Ashwini

Updated on Feb 10, 2013

My 2+ year old girl has very thin curly hair. Her hair growth is comapratively slow and they do not grow properly. Does any one have home remedies for this?

• 1
Rashmi Balagopal

Hi Ashwini, I have a three year old and he had extremely thin hair. He even had somewhat of a bald patch on the back of his head. I don't know if you have got your little one's hair tonsured. I found that after the first tonsure, his hair growth improved quite a bit. We did a tonsure again when he was about 2. 5 and now he seems to be doing ok. Although his hair is still thin, but the bald patch which was bugging me has gone :). My mother in law believes in oiling the hair etc, but my gets a very bad cold every time I leave the oil for more than half an hour. So I have left it for the nature to take its course. Also, I have very thin hair and so does my dad, guess some part of it is genetics as well. hang in there, those locks will grow!