Handling a 3+ Stubborn Child

Mamta Rao

Mar 13, 2013

My only son who is  3yrs and 5 months old doesn't listen to anybody. Very adamant, never accepts the fact that he is at fault or he has done done something wrong for which he has to say sorry. if we try and scold him all he does is cry n cry it is becoming very tough to convince him. please suggest something.  

• 5

Raman Shandilya

It has been vry wisely said. .. but my daughter does d ssme activities even after getting d full idea

Raman Shandilya

C

Mamta Rao

Thank you all

Dear Mamta, children at this age can understand the concept of an action and a result. When ever you are trying to get a point across to your child try the consequence approach, for example next time you want him to stop running with an open water bottle ( with water spilling all over the floor); rather than asking him to stop you may want to rephrase it to say " Son if you continue to spill water on the floor , you may slip on it and hurt yourself and then we will have to take you to the doc to get the hurt fixed and i am sure you will not like that , instead why dont you close the bottle properly and still continue to run around all that you want"... you might get a different reaction from your son . Also if you refer to the previous talk that anurima has mentioned , you might get more insight to this change in your child... hope this helps

Hi Mamta. Toddlers of this age seldom understand what is right and what is not. We need to have patience and help them understand the difference. Explaining to them with examples and with stories help deal with such situations to quite an extent. Please take a look at the following link wherein you will get some ideas on how to handle your child's behaviour. Please copy and paste this at your browser bar http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/naughty-kiddo/293 Good luck :)

does not interact with unknown persons

my baby 1. 5 year old loves to stay only with family members mummy papa n granpa..

Weight gain

Tricks for same

My daughter is 2 yrs 7 months old

my daughter is 2 yrs and 7 months old and I put her into preschool. from the day..

my 3yr old son is very crying

hi all.. my son is 3yr old.. he is always crying in every moment s.. is this nor..

behavior

MY daughter does not play with other games, always needs phone... I'm worried ho..

eating habits

my lityle girl is 2 years old.. but still does nt chew foods very often.. and a..

Nothing to eat and vomiting one tym

Hiiii... Momies... Plz suggest... My 19 month old baby not eating anything since..

How to increase weight of my baby.

My baby is 16 months old. She is underweight. She has less appetite. Please tell..