Hard Skin on knees

Deepti Singh

Mar 11, 2013

Hi My daughter is 1. 5 yrs. Due to long time crawling she has this rough, black and hard skin on her knees which looks very odd. Summers are approaching and i like to dress her up in frocks and shorts but this patch looks really odd. Ay suggestions how to get it disappear. Deepti

• 5

Deepti Singh

Hi thanx Bhavna. i have aloe plants. will go for that also

Deepti Singh

hey deepti, with time the hardened/ darkened skin will go on its own but you could fasten the process by putting some aloe gel on her knees when she is sleeping... it worked with my daughter( though i have a couple of aloe plants at home and i used fresh aloe gel,but i am sure a store bought aloevera juice would also help)

Deepti Singh

Thanx Neena, will try that for sure.

Neena

hey Deepti, you could try and make knee covers from old socks and make her wear during the times she is most active, it will help control further damage. For all we know, your little girl may quickly take these off, but you could try :) At the same time, massaging coconut oil / almond oil over the knees while your child is resting /sleeping / before a bath will help take care of the discoloration and the roughness. This will go away gradually as she will walk more n crawl less... tc

stop BF to baby

Hi my daughter is 14 months old and now i am trying to stop her BF. I will try t..

my 2. 5 yrs old son goes to play school...

toddler takes only milk in Bf

rejects food

my daughter is 1. 8 yrs she is never interested in eating food. I always force..

My baby is not independently walking sti..

My baby sat independently very late.. she sat when she was running 12 month.. no..

How much weight and height should increa..

I feel my baby is not increasing at all in her 3rd year. Hardly she gained hard..

how many bananas i can give to my 20m lo..

hey all , my lo is 21m old.. she has loose motions past 1w on medication also....