Hard time getting your lil one to feed from bottle

Isha Mudgil

My 4 and half months old baby is giving me hard time in feeding through bottle. She just chews it and play... M not lactating enough now as per her needs. Help please !!! Mom in distress !!!

Lata Girdhar

Kids normally give hard time while switching. I guess the key here is to give the bottle feed when the baby is not crying and to make sure that you keep trying. The child won't learn it from day one.. You shud not stop trying.

Shikha

Even my daughter does the same but she take bottle feed only from my hand and cry before she suck the nipple and I need to do lots of o o like lorry then only she sucks nipple ,you can also try some lorry or some sort of sound while giving feed. now also i m doing daily lots of o o lorry type sound then only she take feed.

Isha Mudgil

Thanks suchita :) Tejal idea sounds great... Will surely try :)

Tejal Singh

Hi isha Same problem. Even my boy don't entertain spoon. He cries on top of his voice when I try to feed him with spoon, and their was no question of bottle left after that. Tried nipple of different sizes. Finally I am trying to give him bottle during one specific time and also either by my husband feed him bottle or mother in law. U can try to give first in some specific time and also let some one else start with bottle.

Suchita Singh

u can try nipples with bigger hole. but don't force your baby. my baby too used to chew nipple till he was 5 n half month. then he started putting everything in mouth n eventually started sucking nipple too. till then you ca use spoon feeding. to increase lactation you ca use lactare tablet or powder. mothers milk is always enough for child upto six month. provided mother is having good diet n proper rest. the more your baby sucks, more milk u'll produce. don't ever think you are not lactating enough. If mommies say you r not lactating enough let them say.

Haritima Pandey

Okay dear... Try... I tried BT she cried too much... BT again thinking to try... lets see..

Isha Mudgil

I guess I will try feeding her when she is hungry (alot) may be then she try n suck milk from the bottle... Fingers crossed.... will update soon if I succeed... Till then keep trying :) All the best momys !!

charu dhawan

same here :(

Haritima Pandey

Hi..... Same with me my baby also don't like to drink from bottle... Only spoon feeding.. I tried only fr 3or 4 times. She chews it (nippal).. And it's a big problem if v go out.

how can i boost immunity of my 11mnth ol..

It regarding boosting immunity and how to gain weight of 11mnths old daughter

about food

Can I give nestum rice cereals to my 8 month old baby boy,. ?

my baby comleted 8 mnth now what i give to her

average meal chart of a baby

hi to all.. can anyone tell me what is the average meal baby have in a day, as m..

how to feed formula milk

Hi. My 11 month LO, does not like to drink milk. She eats all other solid food p..

baby not taking solids

my baby is 8. 5 month old . she refused to have solids . even no teething start..

healthy food for 10 month baby

hi everyone, pls suggest food recipes for 10 month baby which is very nutritiona..

about food

hi everyone can you please suggest which food is better at evening times for my..