Head shape is irregular.....

Annie Sujitha

Updated on Oct 05, 2015

How to make the baby's head into a proper shape, baby is now 4 months old?

• 6
Bhupesh Kumar

i also have same issue, my son is 9 month old... we already tried rai pillow... no luck

Ishani s

Hello mamas, try using a pillow made from rai/ mustard seeds. Traditionally, it has been recommended.

Annie Sujitha

Oh OK thank u so much ....I was much worried on this.

Hi Annie Sujitha! It's a common problem which occurs as baby tends to rest head in just one position. It can also lead to temporary loss of hair from that spot. BUT there is nothing to worry as baby's skull would undergo many changes until 12 months of age. By 6 months of age child will have neck control and also would sit up. This would allow the child to move head in different directions and the flat spot would again be back in shape. Annie you could lay the baby on sides with pillows all around to avoid fall. Keep changing sides for which u can consult your paediatrician and learn about safe way of doing so. ALso you could put soft pillows available in market under baby's head to avoid direct contact of head with bed. This change in shape has nothing to do with brain development as it is an external temporary change which should be fine as the child grows.

Priyanka Sharma

I also have same query... My baby is 6mnths old

Priyanka Sharma