Headache

Neha

Mar 27, 2014

Hi parents, My 15 year old son complaints of persistent headache, his eyesight is normal. He also catches cold very often, is this the reason for his headache? Please advise

• 3

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Neha, Yes, frequent colds can also lead to headaches when mucus gets collected in sinuses, but that would be a pain near the cheekbones, near the nose. If the pain in at the back of the head, it could be postural or an injury. Pain in the temples or one side of the head could be migraine. When he complains next, try pressing different parts of the head and asking him where it hurts. You could also consider taking him to an ENT. Headaches can also be triggered off after long gaps in meals, sensitivity to sun, heat, or even too much of breeze, allergy to certain foods, tiredness due to excessive screen time, or stress. Try and identify a pattern and maybe once you have the cause, you will be able to treat them. Hope this helps you. Take care.

You can also have a look at the mentioned link to a informative blog that you may find relevant: https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/fighting-cold-and-flu/389

Hi Neha, Here is a link to the similar parent talk that you may find relevant: https://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/persistent-headache/914

How can my son gain weight

My son is around 11yrs old but he is not gaining weight what should I do

14 month MMR VACCINE AND TYPHOID VACCINE..

14 month MMR VACCINE AND TYPHOID VACCINE RATE??? Tell me RATE and importance????

Baby food

Hello... My Child is one and Half year old.. Heis Bottle feader.. He doesn't wan..

Is paneer safe for 11 year old kids

hi everyone... my son is 10 yers old and he loves to eat paneer.. he needs it ev..

Autistic son

My son is 12 yrs old and is diagnosed with autism. Since last few months he has..

Hairfall and not eating properly.

My daughter Maria Philip is now 14 yrs. For past 1 1/2 months her hair fall is u..

Hair fall

hi my daughter is 12years .recently I have been noticing lots I hairfall. initi..