Outdoor Activities and Events Food and Nutrition

Health benefits of Lychee

When i drive on the roads in gurgaon, i can see on the roadside many vendors with their cart laden with delicious lychees... i thought i should find out more about the fruit and here is what i found out .. Lychee fruits are low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, but rich in dietary fiber, which, can be very important for individuals who are concerned about their excess body weight. Research studies suggest that oligonol, a low molecular weight polyphenol found abundantly in lychee fruit. Oligonol has been found to have several anti-oxidant, anti-influenza virus actions. In addition, it helps improve blood flow in organs, reduce weight, and protect skin from harmful UV rays  Litchi, like citrus fruits, is an excellent source of vitamin C; 100 g fresh fruits provide 71. 5 mg or 119% of daily-recommended value. Studies suggest that consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals. It is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, and folates. These vitamins are essential since they function by acting as co-factors to help body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Litchi also contains a very good amount of minerals like potassium and copper. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids help control heart rate and blood pressure; thus offers protection against stroke and coronary heart diseases. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. So go ahead and enjoy this glorious fruit...

• 2

nitin the texture of the fruit is such that it will not blend well , it will always sink to the bottom of the shake... if you wanted milk shake flavoured with lychee you should first blend the lychee alone in the blender and strain the juice ( you will miss out on the roughage but it is in any case very less )and then mix that juice to milk and a bit of cream add some suger according to your taste .... the shakes that follows is yummmm...

have also tried making the lychee milkshake a couple of times but can never somehow do it as the milk gives way... i luv the fruit...

I'm 3week6 days pregnant I want to know what items dont eat in this time plz he..

want to reduce my weight

after my delivery i cant lose my weight.. if i take green tea or in diet it affe..

about baby boy food

what should i gave to my 4 month old baby boy

breastfeeding

nipple doesn't come out. pls help

mixie grinding

hi my son s 1 year nw i used to stem and grind the apple in mixie bt some r sayg..

Cerelac

My baby is 8 months Old . I am very confused, which flavor of cerelac is good fo..

cow milk

My son is 9 months old,I started giving cow milk daily along with combination of..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is a..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is active but very low weight just gained 10..