Healthy Diet

Manju Singh

is oats porridge healthy for my baby and how to make cerelac at home?please suggest

• 5
Rashmi Rao

In my opinion , you should start giving her all vegetable , fruits .. and if you are non vegetarian , egg and chicken .. don't stick to kichdi or cerelac .. what u have mentioned is no doubt healthy but not the same food everyday .. you will be amazed at how they will love the food .. their taste buds are well developed and giving the same food might become boring for them and they might not eat properly .. I started for my son at 7months with Raagi , slowly went on to atta , pulses , different beans , vegetables ,etc .. so if you start with one food item , giving the same for at least 2,3days just to see if she is having any allergy

Manju Singh

baby is 16 months old

Rashmi Rao

First of all how old is the baby ? If your baby is older than one , I think should start with normal food as adults (without spice ) make sure to include all the pulses atleast one a day .. with green leafy vegetables and vegetables for fibre and if the baby is above 1year , u can include 1egg everyday and cow milk

Manju Singh

may i add besan and samolina also in this and 1 spoon will be very less for my baby na ...presently i am giving market cerelac to my baby 3 scoops in morning with milk it is ok.... also i am worki g women and always wanted something healthy for my baby i feed her in morning and night please suggest something.

puloma pandey

Hi Manju, yes it is healthy. for cerelac: take 2 cup wheat, 1-1 cup rice, pulse ; wash properly and let it dry in sun; roast them separately and make powder; store in airtight jar and cook 1 spoon of the mixture whenever required either with milk or water.