Hello! My ward is 4. 5 yrs old, in Jr Kg now, and does not attend online school, never answers when his teachers call out his name wont listen and follow instructions given. The school also raised concern with his development to us and asked us to go for occupational therapy, which I started. I also started sending him for tuition. And I observed that he obeys his tuition teacher very well. Follows all her instructions. However at home and at the occupational therapy center he does not follow instructions. With this Omicron coming up, his tuition and therapy is again jeopardized... And I am worried this will further hamper his growth. Looking for ideas on whether this is normal? How to handle our kids development along side our job? Thanks

Updated on Jan 05, 2022

• 3

Shuchita Dwivedi I do understand your concern. Thanks for your sharing it with your Parentune Family. I believe since it is something to do with how the instructions are being given to the child, that matters to the child in this particular situation, you can continue with online tutoring with the tuition teacher. This will help the child's routine not getting derailed yet again due to the pandemic. Also since it's all about the connect with the teacher, so you could take help of the tuition teacher in further supporting your child with extra time. Sometimes even talking to his favourite person could be the most special part of the day for the child and will put him at ease.

• Reply | 3 Replies

Here is a blog you might find useful. Blogs- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/impact-of-covid-19-pandemic-on-children-with-special-needs/6449

• Reply

No Problem Shuchita Dwivedi 👍. Do keep us in the loop!

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs