Help with spellings

Megha

Its 2 weeks since the schools have reopened and with a gush have they started teaching.. My 5. 5 yr old son is in grade 1 and he finds it really difficult to cope with reading and memorizing spellings.  He is a bit on the hyperactive side and its hard for him to concentrate on a particular activity for more than 5-10 mins.   Fellow parents do share your ideas on help- for kids with difficulty in reading, writing & memorizing spellings..

• 3

Megha

shikha batra... thanks a lot, will surely try and implement ur suggestion

Well u shd make study interesting by loading ur child with hugs n kisses in case of right answer. Practice will make him perfect. Make sure u do ten words n repeat them till d child is able to perfect those words. Start with 3 letters, moving on to 4 -5. Tell him wat r vowels n consonants. Help Him recognize sounds. A makes which sound, B makes which sound etc. this way he will not have to learn but would try on his own. Ask same spelling using different method like match the column, fill in d blank, recognize d first letter. For ex - make 4-5 pictures of words like bat, cat mat, rat, hat. N write word on other side in random order n child has to match. A sound words first, then E sound followed by I,O, U. Then slowly increasing difficulty levels. U can get picture books with words . Studying everyday would help the child remember easily.

Dyuti

Hi Megha. You could try by getting him a set of magnetic letter and a magnetic board. The letters come in small case and capitals. Make it fun by pretending to play and at the same time form letters with him. If he gets board and wants to do something else, please let him. Forcing him will make him associate studying as an unpleasant activity. A small black board and coloured chalks may also help. Hope this helps.

Tracing

my son is 4 year old .He can't trace the dotted line. How can I help him to trac..

working mom looking for schools with day..

hello Evryone I am looking for schools with after school care hours for schools..

pre school education

hey my son is 3 years 4 months old just now we joined in pre school .but in that..

home work

he knows 1 to 50 numbers how to write but he never try to write actually he don'..

studies

my son doesn't have interest in studies he wants to play every time

hello friends, I am to well educated and..

he learn word and speak. he doesn't see latters and read

my daughter's education and discipline

hai sir/madam, my daughter is too naughty and a very talkative during class hou..