hi I want to stop breast feeding.

Bindu S

Updated on Jun 15, 2016

hi I want to stop breast feeding. how to do it,my breast getting hard from yesterday.. trying to remove milk .having more pain

• 8
Tejal Singh

HI, milk don't stop sudden, is a slow process. If you have included solid then keep feeding for 2-3 times and then reduce it to one time feed, and then slowly its a no milk scenario. Breast gets fuller in routine if you are feeding mom, for me when I joined office for 10 days my milk use to flow, coz till last day I was feeding mom. So like all fellow mom said its slow process.

Purva Joshi

its fine, if you are stopping it after 6 months i mean start now so that when she become 1. 5 yrs her feeding has finished.

Dr Sarala Bidayat

hi, I go with purva! you shouldn't stop breastfeeding completely. first stop during day and after 1 or 2 months stop giving in the night. compensate the lack of breastmilk with cow milk or whatever you like. don't ever press the breast and remove milk, it'll be painful for 2-3 days and you'll be fine after.

Pritee Patil

Agree with Purva . don't stop suddenly, you have to reduce the feeding count gradually.

Pritee Patil

Purva Joshi

it wont stop sudden... u have to gradual decrease the number of feedings to your baby.. if u are giving in day and nite then first slowly stops her day feeding and continue with nite then again slowly stops the nite.. beacause feeding is the only way to empty the breast otherwise u have to pump it and throw away.. again pumping give u temporary help. but problem will remain same..

bindu S

one year old

Tejal Singh

What the age of your baby