Hi my 11 month old son is often scratches his ears

Vaidhegi

Hi my 11 month old son is often scratches his ears... i regularly clean his ears with soft rolled corner of a cotton towel... can I use soliwax ear drops?

• 8

Shirin Srivastava Quadros

Vaidehi... scratching the ears is a sign that they are feeling sleepy... some kids also do this for pleasure..

Vaidhegi

Thank you lakshmi and mukta

Mukta Suyal

just check one thing that while taking bath, her ears remain wet. Other wise while taking head bath try to put some cotton in the ears but that too not very deep.

Mukta Suyal

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

My baby does the same. checked a couple of times for ear infection but then deduced that she just loves scratching without any reason. just a habit, nothing to worry about

Vaidhegi

Thank you Rashi and Shikha

Hi Vaidhegi Deivasigamani! I completely agree with Rashi! Ear Wax has a protective role to play. Putting ear buds or cloth can cause injury to ear drums. It is advisable not to use those. Itching in ears could be because of many reasons including teething, ear infection,scratch inside ears due to sharp nails of the baby,etc. If u have noticed redness in the ear or child is crying touching ears, it is advisable to see yr pediatrician ASAP.

Rashi

Hi Vaidhegi Deivasigamani I think you should not. ENT specialists even don't recommend adults cleaning ear using ear buds. they say let the wax come out of the ear naturally or clean it with a soft cloth and that too not so deeply. So you may also consult an ENT specialist but don't take any such action yourself.

Soap

Which is the best soap as it is summer now my baby skin is becoming dark and dry..

Cold and cough

my baby is 6 months old and he is suffering from a bad cough due that he has col..

how to make my baby to sit

my baby is now 6 months 10 days old she started to crawl on need but can't sit w..

hii my baby is 2mnts old

she is having cough &congestion in throat & nasal. kindly suggest some home rem..

Red pimple kind of rash

my baby is just completed 5months. he pour saliva a lot.. i m seeing red pimple..

About health

I had a son. He is one year old baby. He is not eating as well and his weight is..