hi my baby boy is one month old and still I'm unable to feed him directly ..so I'm using nipple shield is there any problem using that?

Pooja Jain

Updated on Oct 27, 2016

after pregnancy

• 12
pooja jain

directly it's very painful... unbearable ..siting position I will try

Sugam Jain

Also, avoid feeding in lying position. It's not good for your Baby. My doctor said no to this position. I also had a c sec there is no harm sitting n nursing. You can use pillow to support back and your baby

Sugam Jain

Initially I used to have the same problem and used nipple shield for 20 days. So try feeding without nipple slowly slowly or you can choose one side and switch over the other side. Becz if don't do now baby won't take directly afterwards. It will take time to change . You can put lukewarm water towel on your breast or do massage with coconut oil for one or two day . Ofcus consult your doc

pooja jain

k thank u so much..

Tejal Singh

Pooja it will better once you consult your gynec, as they can say better going through your condition

pooja jain

and one more thing baby takes long time to get his tummy full.. almost an hour.. and I have undergone c-section am I safe to sit for one hour and nurse

pooja jain

can you please tell me which is the best position ...and side affects of side lying ..I'm aware that baby tummy n my tummy are opposite.

Tejal Singh

If you are feeding by lying on bed then that's better to avoid as baby is very small. Regarding cream your doctor can suggest better.

pooja jain

I'm using side lying position ..is it okay.. and I'm using Lansinoh cream

Tejal Singh

I was having same problem, my pedc suggested me to apply my breast milk on my cracked nipples. Try that. Improve feeding posture. But try applying bm.

pooja jain

I'm unable to nurse him directly due to cracks and it's very painful.

Tejal Singh

Why your are using nipples shield?