hi my son is 5 yrs old he sufferig from reflux problem for past 2 years seen many trea5ment but still he daily suffering from vomiting nausea pls help me

Lavanya

gerd reflux

• 3

Lavayna! a medical professional would be a better person to answer this question. please keep following the diet and medication prescribed by doctors, as this will definitely help the child and make him feel better.

lavanya

Thanks alot for ur reply... gerd is curable or not because he suffering alot and underwent many treatments bit there is no better improvement

hi Lavayna! I do understand your concerns! what docs have to say about the cause for GERD? is he on medication? Lavayna sometimes medical problem becomes a psychological problem more so in case of children as they internalize it and continue to feel it even if it no longer persists. even the mere sight of food makes them pukish and once the brain has been sent the signal that it's food , it triggers the response. I am sure u must be following all the Instructions given by doc such as light frequent meals, reduce intake of junk food and food rich in fats and sugars, excercise regularly, having meals at least two hours before lying down, increase intake of liquids, taking home made antacids like jeera etc.. to take care of the psychological part, u need to divert your child's attention and make him do what he enjoys such as playing a game, sitting in the garden or he could even read a book and observe things in the surroundings, watching TV etc. in normal cases I generally don't advise such distractions on the contrary I tell parents to refrain from these. but in this case child needs to divert his mind as I mentioned earlier even the mere sight can send unpleasant signals to brain and hence the unpleasant response. Hope this will be of help to u!

Top Health and Wellness Blogs