high fever

Michelle Sanzgiri

Updated on Jun 29, 2013

My 7 month old daughter has been sufferi6from viral fever since the last 4 days. She as admitted in the hospital as her temperature rose to 103 quite frequently and wud shiver before her temperature rose which made it difficult for her to breathe. However now she has been discharged but the fever keeps comming up n it goes till 102 she has been prescribed Ibusegic Plus to be given only when temperature rises and I sponge her continously till the temperature drops.  Is there anything else I can do to krep her temperature in control apart from that she has become very cranky n clingy I knw dat it is only because of the uneasiness but is there a cure as I find it too difficult to carry her 24x7 wid my 6 year old son around n with all the household work.

• 3

Dyuti

Dear Michelle. I hope your daughter is feeling better by now. To prevent her temperature from going up, you may keep her dressed in light clothing without diapers and give her a bath as soon as the temperature goes up. When sponging her, give special attention to areas such as the under arms, behind the thighs and knees, forehead, neck and the insides of her thighs. She will need a lot of attention from you till she feels better. I can understand how difficult it has been for you. Take care.

gaurima

Dear Michelle, u must be having a tough time but the safest and the surest thing is sponging as AM suggested. Take her temperature every hour or two and as soon as you find her temperature rising, do as suggested by AM - that is really effective, I have and still do this when my children are in viral fever's loop. Also make sure that your lil child takes a few sips of normal temperature water every half an hour or so. The other thing that I recently tried with my son is ACUPRESSURE to control fever and it really worked. However, as your baby is too small gently rubbing her soles and palms for a minute every two three hours(preferably empty stomach)should help. U can also try massaging DESI GHEE on the soles of her feet at night... this was recommended to me by an Ayurveda Practitioner and Do make sure that she is very well rested. Hope That Helps.

soak a cloth in cold water and put in her head quite frequently first thing. i hv heard tht high tempreature effect to brain.... if temp rises.. use it on all over body... it will give much relief.... if it goes 103-104... wash her head with water... tht is immediate aid... After doing all these steps... situation doesnt come in control.. pls approach doc. keep on givin water to ur daughter.

dry skin

my 9month old baby skin is too dry is der any remedies to make skin soft...

Potty

baby do potty 3 to 4 time daily, is it good for health ?

baby wgt increase

how to increase my 11months baby wgt increase

pillow

i've been told by many ppl not to use pillow for newborns . she is 3months old n..

suffering from cold

hi. my baby boy is 2 months and 14 days old. he is suffering from cold and cozy..

Urine stains..

Hi all! My 5 months old daughter's urine is staining yellow in her panties.. W..

oddomass cream

my baby is 9 month old. can I use oddomass cream to prevent from mosquito. its s..

baby is suffering with cold

last 1 night my baby didn't slept. she is 1 year old. she is suffering with bad..