Health

Hii everyone, My baby is 2yrs 3m I want to stop breastfeeding. tried many ways like bitter gourd juice , aloe vera but still she wants to drink the milk. Suggest me to dry up BM. naturally without pills. suggest me home remedies to dry up milk fast

Updated on Jul 31, 2022

• 8

zeenath , If you wish to stop breastfeeding , then keep the baby well fed through other milk and complementary solid feeds. You have to be persistent in discouraging the child for breastfeeding . Give the food that he likes best at bedtime.. It will take some before the baby is completely weaned off. Also ask any other family member/husband to put the baby to sleep.

• Reply

zeenath here is a blog, can help you. Hey! I find this parent blog really interesting. I suggest you have a look too: Weaning off Baby from Breast Milk? Ways to Stop Breastfeeding https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/weaning-off-baby-from-breast-milk-ways-to-stop-breastfeeding/2265?ptref=sa0l0025zy501qx

• Reply

Anjali Aggarwal have you stopped breastfeeding your baby?

• Reply

Hi zeenath Hope your baby is satisfied with regular solid foods. Now that you are planning to stop breastfeeding, I would suggest you to make it a gradually process. When you stop breastfeeding,your body will gradually stop producing milk. when you start the process drop one feed for few days before you drop the next feed. In this process make sure that the baby tummy is full with the solid food which he like..

• Reply | 2 Replies

zeenath Here is the blog which might help you weaning process. Blogs- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-wean-off-your-toddler-from-breastfeeding-effectively/3421

• Reply

Hi Priyanka verma .please share your experiences in weaning process.

• Reply

Shikha Batra share me ur experience

• Reply

zeenath you can take help of family members in making the baby sleep. For instance father can try to bond with the child by narrating a story and meanwhile you can be out of sight. The tone should be soothing and calming. He can side by side massage her head. Once she is fast asleep you can enter the room. also try to avoid wearing feeding gown or holding your baby in feeding position. This might take sometime but don't give up. If the baby cries try to soothe with other ways like calming music or massaging or story etc but do not feed. Babies know when they cry out louder their demands get fulfilled.

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Health Blogs