Hiii my child is of 9yrs old I'm single parent n don't know how to manage him. He was getting 95%of marks till last Diwali. But his performance went down to 10%

Purvi

Updated on Sep 20, 2016

His education behavior n fighting nature

• 11
Purvi

Hiii ma'am can u suggest me some of the tips to know In which field he is interested

Purvi

OK ma'am thanks, really I will try this.

Dr Pooja AttreyPT

hi purvi.. first of all congratulations for being so strong n empathetic towards your son.. it's hard being a single parent with no family support. I read fellow comments n feel by heart the difficulty of situation.. please be patient.. what all shikha here said I completely agree with that. however you may also try sending him to some hobby class.. engage him. somewhere creative.. let him redirect his anger n frustration into a right direction... may be he will get his calling and peace. it could be music or dancing or some martial art class.. or wotever u have noticed his interest is in. if he is not listening to you,u just can try redirecting his energies constructively... if he is giving you a deaf ear... just stop talking to him for a while about it... just help him making his life easy... be there help him in his things.. stop lecturing him for a while... take a weekend yoga session together... go for art of living kids activity sessions nearby... they are really helpful for troubled kids.. u may feel but never understand completely what your baby is going thru as he is not taking.. so to release his emotions.. to be more positive.. these sessions will help... I have seen those working.. good luck dear.

Purvi

No ma'am he doesn't have any grandparents n I don't have any trusted friend of mine. Nor my family to support in this problem.

Purvi it is still advisable to approach either a grandparent,or a family friend or even a trusted lady whom he is open to discuss things with. still if u feel no one could be approached and it's u only who needs to deal with this , it's advisable to keep following things in mind before approaching him: a) he is still a child b) if circumstances have changed neither u , nor he is responsible for that so don't feel guilty c) if u r strong emotionally and have your child's support howsoever big the issue is it can be managed. d) bad times don't last forever just like good times. e) if money is lost , u loose something but if respect and love are lost, u loose everything. so start afresh, work on these parameters and respect him for being the awesome self. hug him , kiss on his forehead, stroke his hair gently, pat his back, praise him and have positive things to say about him. whenever u speak to him ,pause and check that your sentence has nothing negative or against him. hope this helps!

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs