Home remedies for infant cold

Aarti Akhilesh

Updated on Dec 28, 2015

My 6 month baby is suffering from running nose.... wat can I do

• 3
Ruchita Thareja

Hi Aarti. My cousin, who is my consulting Pediatrician for my son never allowed me to give any medicine for cold. in 10 months, my son got cold 2 times. but I hardly gave any medicines. Yes, homely remedies like applying mustard oil, niligiri helps. Also, you can try one more thing. Try giving your baby warm tawa sek (on a warm tawa, warm a thick towel / napkin) and put it on your baby's chest, back, nose and try and do this process, atleast 2 times a day. This surely helps. Do this for a week and it will reduce the cold. Happy parenting!!

Dipal Choksi

U can use nigiri ( eucalyptus)oil .put just a single drop near the first button or the near corner of upper cloth ur baby is wearing. The smell will hepl

Shikha

Put one drop of boiled and then cool mustard oil in baby nose and apply hing water on all over baby body. my mother does daily for my babies and it worked.

Top Health and Wellness Blogs