Homemade baby food

Ranjini Anand

Updated on Dec 20, 2015

What food shall I start for my 5 month completed baby.

• 4
Priyamvadha VijayShankar

My son is 5 months old and I started this substitute with my pediatrician's blessing. Dry fry equal amounts of boiled rice and whole round wheat with a little sabudana. Grind and store. Mix 1 tablespoon in 1 and a half cups of water and boil well. Keep stirring while you boil so that there are no lumps. Once it reaches the consistency you require, transfer it to a bowl, cool,add a little salt and feed the baby. Please note that the kanji will thicken when it cools. Try half a tablespoon at first and increase up to 1 tablespoon as required. You can also try it without the wheat for the first week or so.

Sunita

You can start with liquids at 5 months. Like moongdal water then rice water. Try to give it without salt. If she dont like then you can add little bit of salt.

Aabha

Hi.. even I had started fluids when my daughter turned 5 months.. daal ka paani, rice water, boiled carrot ka paani.. Please wait for 3-4 days before giving anything new.

Aishwarya Ganesh

The best time to start the food is six months. I started giving food at 5. 5 months. You can start with dal water, pureed apple, pear later you can increase the consistency once the baby reach etc. Remember not to add salt or sugar in baby food. Do consult the pediatrician before you introduce solid food.