How I Avoid Ipad and Lappy.....

Roopali Wani

Updated on Feb 01, 2015

Hi Parents....                    My Son Is 3. 5 Yrs. Old. I Have A problem with him. After coming From School he just want to c Laptop or Ipad. Sometimes i m very rude with him. but no use for him. i just dont understand how can i refuse to him to watching ipad or lappy and on that Stuff he just want to play Games.                    Is anyone suggest me how i control on all his Activities. ??                                                                                                                                                                                   Thanks In Advance.

• 9
Roopali Wani

Thanks my dear friends for your suggestions..... I will keep in mind....

Subbu

I partially agree with some mentioned about disappearing those gadgets from the kids. However, what if they get the same from other friends? Their curiosity and craving towards those gets even more than otherwise. I had a similar experience with my 5 yr old son. We never used to give him our phones for playing games rather, we didn’t keep any games. However, I started noticing him getting more interested towards that when his friends play games on their parents’ phones. Moreover, he started approaching them for their phones. Well, you can only control your kid, but not the other kids or their parents for that matter. So, we downloaded whatever games he wanted and give it to him whenever he needs, but with some conditions – 1. Only for few minutes, say 15 or 20 depending on his mood and other circumstances. 2. Strictly no mobile when he has friends or others around, as that spoils the chance of getting them playful and build relationships. It’s given only when he is alone and bored. Of course, there is no one size fits all approach. You may just give it a try this way. Negotiations do work and they also learn to adjust and give and take! All the best.

Paridhi

Hi roopali! Even i have faced the same problem with my son he has just turned 3 but knows how to play almost all the games on i pad

Sojal

Hi Roopali, Setting a timetable with him might work, where you tell him that he can watch it for half hour/or an episode/or play for an x amount of time and that you will not interrupt him then. But once the time is over, take the gadget away inspite of all the protests, crying etc. Be firm then. As a routine, get him involved in activities/sports/outdoors to let him have fun. Call a friend of his over, or send him to someone's house, where he can play some real games. You also sometimes play with him and show him that it is much more fun to play in real with people than play in a virtual world sitting alone.

Dear Roopali, You concern, though serious, is a very common one these days. Keeping this in mind, we have organized a live chat with an Outdoor Experiential Learning expert, on "How to Balance Green Time with Screen Time' on 7th Feb, Saturday, at 11:00 am. We suggest, you participate in this and have a discussion with an expert to get some practical inputs and tips. To register,log in https://www.parentune.com/services/5