Hobbies

How much is too much activity

Hi all I have enrolled my 5 year old daughter in a dance class (2 days a week, 1 hr a day) and art class (1 day a week, 2 hrs). I am thinking if I should also get her into music. She is inetersted in karate, archery too, and has told me she would like to try it out. Do I enroll her in some or all of these? How much is too much at this age as far as activities go? There is no scope of "free play" in our area and it is restricted to the days I get time to drive her down to the park, or beach. There are no kids her age close by too. I sometimes drive her down to her school friends house (once in 2 weeks or so). She usually makes friends in her dance and art classes only. Payal

• 1

Hi Payal, at 5, children do develop a curiosity and interest in a number of things. I believe when it gets too much, it starts to show : in the child - as resistance to go for a class, in the parent : as fatigue in taking the child for a class every now and then. Even so, some parents love to do that. Since at 5, there is not much burden of studies, you could perhaps have her join karate / archery, moving away from the art forms she is already discovering. At 5, kids really cant decide what they like best and can only be given opportunities to explore and soon you will find her settling for fewer things. Some things, we only figure out with time, been there, done that :)

Summer Music/ Art & Craft Classes

Need to know the best Music/Art & Craft teacher for 3 to 5 year old kids in Jaip..

night time urination

my son 5 yrs old he is bed wetting during sleeping please how to control this..

is it goid to engage 5yrs child in extra..

activities wid studies like music,dancing,swimming .it affects study concentrati..

nature. regarding and don't talk smooth..

my child is feel very uncomfortable with new children's he never talk is this l..

suggest

hobby classes dance class summer class in Nagpur

Swimming classes

Hi all , hope u r doing great. As summer is arriving I wan to join my 3and half..

thumb sucking

my daughter now she entered into 5th year. she has a habit of thumb sucking. I t..

find special thing in child

I can't find my 5 year old boy hobby. I Want to know in which activity he is in..