how safe n good are Mc can foods

Indu

How safe and good are these mc can products .... have any body tried .... my daughter is asking me to get these mc can smilies since last few days, just need feedback who have actually used it.

Jyoti Arora

But ofcourse frequent use of packaged food must be avoided. Once in a while, should be fine

Jyoti Arora

Hey indu, although the mc Cain products do not harm the child.. But fried food does. I have bought the Phillips air fryer so that my kids also get their smileys etc, and I'm happy too not giving them that extra oil. Highly recommend the use of fryer..

Indu

Thanks Tanuja, in fact previously I used to use ready made tomato puree and ginger-garlic paste, but now reducing use of that too .... because of preservatives.

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Indu, Please avoid processed foods like these as much as possible, as they are full of preservatives like sodium which are bad for kids' health. Over-indulgence could lead to lifestyle ailments such as hypertension and diabetes on attaining adulthood. It is best to form healthy eating habits now as the children are more adaptable & compliant. Its difficult to change eating habits once they grow into adults.

Indu

Hey ladies thanks for the feedback and ... Anurima and Anubhuti, thanx for the alternatives :)

I went to see a doctor about my daughters hyper behaviour and was strictly advised not to give a lot of packaged food, which also included noodles like Maggi. She asked me to limit such food to once a week. I suppose all mums would like to follow that advise.

Anubhuti

Hi indu, i use it occasionally for my kids, on a regular basis a nicely done aloo tikki with only salt & aloo is a great option for toddlers, just shallo fry on a non stick pan with minimal oil.

Hey Indu, at the end of the day, these are processed foods. You may want to give them to your child as an occasional treat. I know how tempting and attractive they look to kids and it is difficult to say no. May I suggest trying to make some at home with biscuit cutters. They come in various shapes and I think you may find a smiley face too in any store selling utensils for baking.

Neena

hey Indu, we used to frequently have frozen snacks in our home, however recently I have stopped buying these to cut down my child's consumption of junk food. Once in a while is ok i believe. Also I know some friends who grill (oven-cook) these snacks instead of deep frying, which is not possible for all of us. I would suggest let your child enjoy these once in a while.. !

Promita Bhowmick

I give Mc Cain products to my son and touchwood so far he didn't face any health problem because of that. However I give it occasionally and not everytime because whatever said and done its ultimately junk food. Giving anything in moderation is not bad, is what I feel.

I'm 3week6 days pregnant I want to know what items dont eat in this time plz he..

want to reduce my weight

after my delivery i cant lose my weight.. if i take green tea or in diet it affe..

about baby boy food

what should i gave to my 4 month old baby boy

breastfeeding

nipple doesn't come out. pls help

mixie grinding

hi my son s 1 year nw i used to stem and grind the apple in mixie bt some r sayg..

Cerelac

My baby is 8 months Old . I am very confused, which flavor of cerelac is good fo..

cow milk

My son is 9 months old,I started giving cow milk daily along with combination of..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is a..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is active but very low weight just gained 10..