how to boost the confidence level of my 8years old son?

Manoshi Gogoi

Updated on Feb 24, 2017

child psychology and behaviour

• 6
Jaya Rajesh Nambisan

Please search for an Art Of Living teacher in your locality. There is course called Art Excel(For kids from 8 to 13 yrs). This is a very good course. I will share my experience. My son did this course when he was 9 yrs old. And meanwhile he had Olympiad exams. And he scored well in the exams. He came first in Maharastra in International Olympiad of Science!! Now he is in 10th. He is not practicing Sudarsana kriya regularly, eventhogh he is getting very good marks!! Thank God!!

Kavita Kumar

sorry by mistake.... it's shikha....

Kavita Kumar

thanks Manoshi for giving these valuable suggestions....

Manoshi Gogoi

hii sikha ...thank you very much for the valuable suggestions. .these will really help me ...

Jyoti

Okssssss kuu

hi Manoshi! I understand your concerns. children at this age need constant approval and appreciation for whatever they do. for instance a child would expect praise for how he looks, how he performed, how he behaves and probably everything that he does. so few positive words from your end would make his day such as " hey u did an amazing job. or u look awesome. how did u do such an amazing thing. he would feel confident and have a good self perception about himself. make sure he is not being constantly nagged, or all his demands are not refused or he is not criticized as all these factors demotivate him and have a low self esteem. Manoshi assign him activities and praise him be it helping u with household chores, or having a pet and taking care of it or even managing himself well. spend time with him and try and frame your sentence in such a manner that he is made to feel good even if u feel there is scope for improvement. hug him, let him know how special he is to u, share good moments with him by sharing his childhood memories ,pics etc. in short keep giving him positive feedback about him, by focusing on his strengths. hope this helps!

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs