How to clean teeth

Anju Verma

Updated on Oct 22, 2014

Hi Everyone   Please help, how to clean my 1. 9 yrs old teeth. Is it safe to use toothbrush now.   I am little worried  in using toothpaste due to high floride content.   Thanks  

• 7
vihaanshaji

My lil one has crossed two years, but still refuses to brush. .I use my finger to slowly clean his teeth. .but other than that, doesn't let me use either finger brush or normal brush.. am really worried. .

Hi Anju, If he has more than 50% of teeth in place, you must start him on brushing activity. start with finger brush first where you can have control so that you don't hurt his soft gums. then graduate to normal brushes.

Shilpa

Anju Verma, you could also ask your paediatrician on the right choice of brush and paste. As an aside, also gt your child into the habit of rinsing his mouth after every meal, or atleast drinking 2 sips of water to wash out the food from the mouth to keep his teeth healthy.

Anju Verma

Thanks A lot Ankita and Ravina.

Ravina

Hi Anju Verma, You can check at your chemists for appropriate non-floride toothpastes for children. In fact, these toothpastes are safe and don't need to be washed out of the child's mouth. Same for toothbrushes. There are different sort of bristles meant for different age groups under 12 months, + 12 months, etc. There is a wide variety and you can take your pick. Hope this helps.

Ankita A Talwar

Anju Verma There are specialised toothpastes and brushes that come in the market, specifically meant for children and are with no-fluoride. you can check at your chemists shop and take your pick. Same for toothbrushes.. there are finger brushes, brushes with soft and fewer bristles meant for soft gums and younger teeth. Try and few and then see which suits you the best.

hi Anju Verma - This link may be of help https://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/my-child-dont-want-to-brush/1358