How to make a 2yr old learn Alphabets, numbers, colours etc.

Created by Hema J Chavan

Hi, need help from you guys. My daughter will complete 2yrs this August 2015. I want her to learn Alphabets, numbers, colours and rhymes. I have bought flash cards, mini alphabet computer, books. I try to teach her all these and try my best to make it fun. But she is not learning quickly and problem is she is unable to say many letters and her attention span is too less. I know that i should not pressure her on this, but i dont want her to lag. All my relatives and friends say by this age kids should know everthing. Please help me to help my daughter learn quickly and remember the things learnt.

• 4

Agree with carol. All kids are not alike. Even I've the same problem.. But I don't want to force my kid.. I suggest u try ur best n by seeing othet kids ur kid will learn and show curiosity to learn.. When my daughter was 2years old she don't know all these..

also, please do not fall for what other people say children should or should not know at an age. Trust your child's intellegence and enjoy her childhood. she will catch up.

Hema J Chavan, there are lots of games available in the market that are about alphabets and number.. you could get them. Put up attractive charts in the room of the same.

Make time and show on black board or slate don't show on laptops and computers .how we learned same way teach them show calenders, charts. Thanku

Always looking for healthy meal ideas for your child?

Get meal plans
Top Education and Learning Blogs