How to make my 2. 7yr son to like school

Lakshmi Viswanath

Updated on Jul 27, 2016

My son isn't liking to go to school. I had sent him to a school a month back but he was down with flu and had to discontinue. He starts crying when we pass the school or just go the street where the school is. Now we are planning to put him to another school but he denies going. He is bit delayed in speech and a very hyperactive boy who doesn't want to sit in one place. He isn't that much keen on reading books but he has learnt all the preschool learning seeing YouTube videos.

• 4
Pavana

Hi, I am also in line with Shailaja Comments. I faced the same problem as you and more or less did the same as Shailaja suggested. Ensure, you talk to school management and if possible assign a single care taker for some time who they can get attached to. If school allows you, try to show your kid that he will be safe there and can trust that care taker. All the best. My little one took more than 6 months to settle down. She is happy now and goes happily to school.

Shailja

Hi Lakshmi, it is the separation anxiety combined with the break he got from school (due to flu). Don't change the school, as it is quite normal for children at this age to cry before going to school. What you can do is -- keep driving through the school road. Take him to the school with you for some time even if it is for half and hour that will be fine. Whenever you guys go out take his bag, tiffin and water bottle along with you and tell him that you are going for a fun outing.

Shruti Kumar

Put him in some activity class and company him for first few days... he will slowing going to get used to and will start enjoying it.. tlthen put him to the regular school... or you can request school to let you company him for sometime.. share it worked for you ☺☺

Jasmine

Hi, just my advice is show him some playschool videos on YouTube, and tell him about fun things in the school which he can enjoy.. slowly he might start liking school....

Top Education and Learning Blogs