Special Needs

How to set routine for a five month old baby

Dr Jyotsna Mishra

My baby internal clock has not yet clicked in, so her sleeping pattern is very unpredictable and changes every week. Mostly she sleeps during day and may or may not take small naps at night. She is used to diapers and I am thinking to break this habit. Is it a right time?? Also how to encourage her to sleep at night more??

• 3
Dr Jyotsna Mishra

Thank you guys and Happy mother's day to you. My baby gets cranky and won't play if I wake her up early. As it is said that baby grow more in their sleep so I got a little squeamish to wake her up in between her naps, but I do see your point. Can you please suggest me when I can start her pee and potty training outside diaper and also how to achieve that.

Jisha John

I Second to what Angeline has stated. Make a routine for the baby. So that the baby understands what is next . Let the baby understand the difference between day and night, day time is to work and night time is to take rest by playing at day time. Happy Mother's Day Jyotsna!

Angeline Thomson

Hi mummy! I had the same problem, I hardly used to sleep at night & was exhausted all the time. My doc advised was to not let my baby sleep long during day, only let her take short naps. Wake her up, play with her. She will be cranky for a week & will get used to this new routine. Put her to sleep at 8pm. I did this & now my child automatically takes naps n sleeps for a stretch of 4-5hrs at night. So I wake up maximum twice at night to breastfeed her.