How to stop bed wetting at night

Brinelle Tims

Apr 15, 2015

My son 5 years still wets his bed at night sometimes. How to stop this habit

Rachna

Hi Brinelle, is there a sudden change in his routine or environment, for eg: has it become cold suddenly, or is he getting too much exercise in the day (sometimes in excitement of the day, children keep on holding onto the urine so that they don't have to go to the washroom in the middle of the activity, and then suddenly when their mind and body relaxes, usually during sleep time, they let go). Take him to the washroom often, particularly just before bedtime. If possible, figure out what time in the night he usually wets the bed (you could sleep next to him and when you get to know he has wetted, check the time) and 15 min before that you could lead him to the washroom to break the habit. Also, explain to him lovingly how it is not nice to do this... do not scold but show lots of patience and love.

brinelle tims - There are multiple reasons for bed wetting. You could look at this blog especially focused on this topic. It details out the possible reasons and ways to manage with it. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/why-bed-wetting-is-never-a-childs-fault/237

my baby is so possesive ....he stays onl..

how to engage child in different activities

my son often watching television

how should I stop him watching television. I am a working parent please suggest..

child behaviour

hi my son is 3 years n he doesnt listen to us always behind phone tv n doesnt li..

my son over reacts to everything

Whenever my son is with other children he becomes less agreeable and makes faces..

active child

when my child play make a noise and we go outing he run a lot

behaviour

hi my son name s atharv he s 3. 9 yrs.... he s very naughty in home... but outsi..

Child Behaviour

Hello friends My 5 year old is very hyperactive always he fight with others chil..

Gender description to the children

when we observe that our little one start thinking that their is somewhat which..