How to Stop bottle feeding

Sudha Rani

Updated on Jul 05, 2017

My son is 2yr8months old,he will have milk with bottle feeding only ,how much I tried to stop that is becoming impossible for me. so please give some suggestions to stop bottle feeding

• 5
Preeti Singh

same problem with me . I m also worried about bottle feeding of my 2 yr 4 month old daughter.

Hina Srivastava

yes, trinayani... that's a tender age to stop bottle feed .. as infants feel relaxed in suckling. hard luck for me as I could not feed my child enough due to medical reasons

Trinayani Puvvala

thank u hina i too have the problem with bottle feed bt my son is to small to stop bf i. e, he 17months

sudha rani

thank you so much

Hina Srivastava

hi, my daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has been bottle fed since birth and was quite hooked on to it. just 10 days back I put my foot down in making her leave the bottle. I got up in the morning I packed all her bottles and kept the steriliser on the floor. when she woke up, the first thing I told her was that a monkey entered our house and took away your bottles. then I took her to take a peep inside the steriliser to confirm (since toddlers are smart enough to know where they are kept). she was scandalised to know this and every person she spoke to narrated the story about the monkey. lot of nagging happened not to have milk from the glass. left milk for 2 complete days but 5th day she agreed to compromise!! now, the glass wins over the bottle!! in good 10 days. you have to be firm and clear and not give in to your child's demand. children have the tendency to adjust to new things better than adults. so, all the best!