How to stop fake crying of a baby

Satya

Updated on Oct 06, 2015

My son is very good at fake crying and starts a big sound as soon as he knows he is not going to get something. He is 2 yrs old. How can we stop it.

• 2

Hi Satya! I must say ur kid is a smart one like most other kids of his age and knows what can move his parents and make them dance to his tunes. Though at times it get difficult to discern fake crying from genuine crying and hence the consequences can be distressing. The story of 'sher aaya sher aaya' is quite an apt example here. You could talk to yr child and first of all share this story and let him know that due to this fake crying he might actually call for nonchalance from yr end when he actually needs your attention. Also before leaving for shopping u could clearly lay down rules and let him know that fake crying would not work for sure but what might work is following instructions. Reward him by praising him and letting him know ' he has been behaving very well' and appreciate him for being patient if he agrees to conform to instructions. Avoid getting bothered if he continues to do so as this is his way of seeking attention and tell him he can revert once he is quiet and in a position to talk as till the time he cries, it is difficult to understand his demands. You have to be strong if u want to get rid of this habit. I am sure with few such episodes everything should be hunky-dory. hope this helps!

SOUMYA PRAKASH

Almost every child has this attitude. Especially single child. I have too. I use to try to divert his mind in other matters he takes interest and most of the cases achieve it..