how to stop my child from watching tv

Surbhi Gupta

Updated on Oct 25, 2016

my child is smart but she wants to see TV all the time. I allow her to catch TV only while dinner n lunch but now she has found a idea she will go to my Inlaws room where TV is on almost all the time and if not she will go to neighbor's house saying she wants to play but but they make her watch tv . neighbour r the problem they taught her to watch tv . and they r my Inlaws favorite so I don't say my child not to go their. plz advise

• 3

hi Surbhi Gupta! I appreciate your concerns. TV viewing is an addiction and can affect child's behavior, cognitive , social as well as overall development . In this case child is taking advantage of lack of communication and differences between family members. its advisable to talk to your child and share the negative impact TV could have through methods she could understand best. such as through story books or videos , cartoons based on same theme which conveys the similar message. it's your personal matter but would like to advise try and work on the relationship with your in-laws for your child's sake. staying under one roof and still not being on talking terms could affect the child and she might internalize few wrong messages which could have a bearing on her later life. hope this helps!

surbhi Gupta

me and my Inlaws live together but don't talk with each other. we don't stop my child to talk with them as a child do need grandparents love too. I tried outdoor game but she is not interested she rater prefer hearing stories. so I make stories for her which is full of gk

preeti

Hi Surbhi, try to engage her in outdoor activities and speak to your in law about your concern this may will help.

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs