Hw to make my daughter to sit and study......

Updated on Jun 17, 2015

Hw to make my daughter to sit and study. She is not at all concentrating in her studies... she vl study 2 question and answer and she start to do something else........ she s studying 6th std n CBSE pattern school..... what do to iam worried so much....... pls guide me......

• 4

Hi Suganthy Senthilnathan Pls refer to an earlier talk on similar topic- https://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/losing-concentration/1708

• Reply

Smart ideas

• Reply

Hi Suganthy, I too face a similar problem with my son. I also read else where that for bringing in focus and concentration split up the study time into time periods of 25-30 minutes each with a break of 5 minutes. This is also know as the Pomodoro technique. And in case she wants to take up some other subject after doing 2-3 questions in one subject.. in my opinion you should allow her to do the same as interleaving helps in better memory retention... This has helped me a lot... Hope its of use to you as well

• Reply

An exactly same problem is being faced by me and my son is also in the sixth std. But with him if you are by his side all the time while studying he can study for at least 45 mins but once you move away he is also out of his chair . I too am worried because we as parents cannot be by their side all the time

• Reply

Varsha Karnad
Proparent
Featured content of the day

Parentoon of the day

Lighter side of parenting

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Education and Learning Blogs