i am a mother of one month old gal and she is not showing interest in breastfeeding since last two days and cries alot during breast feeding. kindly suggest

Kumari Shikha

Updated on Jul 17, 2017

baby not breastfeeding

• 11
Aruna Siva krishna

hai friend as per my knowledge you have to clean your nipples for every breast feed. my mom always told to me to clean the nipples for feeding my son. i hope this will help you to feed your baby

Anshu Singh

As per my opinion, you pressed the nipple slightly and make it thin then offer her, the problem with nipple size. initially my nurses used to do this.

Meghori Biswas

my daughter feed but she felt hungry. Iconsult with a child specialist and she suggest me to feed formula. now she is ok. so request to discuss with doctor.

Sushma Rao

if nothing works pls consult your lactionalist.... they will guide u very well...

VishnuPriya R

Try expressing your milk and feeding her with spoon. sometimes if the nipple is big,it would be difficult for the child to latch. also make sure that there is adequate milk supply. keep on trying and please don't stop. some baby's latch late.

Kumari Shikha

she is not openong her mouth properly. and when she feels that it is my nipple she takes her. mouth out and repel my nipplw with her tongue. she cries alot during this process.

Sushma Rao

hey might be baby s not latching properly... baby is not getting enough milk I guess.... make baby to latch properly n then feed.... because I had faced the same situation...

Manopriya

Hi.. As far as my experience if baby is not taking proper feeding then there might be some health issues hidden behind which we doesn't know.. Only doctors will identify. whenever I go for consultation doctor's 1st question is whether baby is taking his/her milk or not.. If he/she is taking proper feeding then there is no issues.. If they doesn't then we hv to go for consultation jus to ensure everything is going well.

Kumari Shikha

no she is not feeding from bottle

Rashmi Vig

but also keep trying

Rashmi Vig

is she is taking bottle?? if yes then you can express your brestmilk using pump in bottle and can feed her